Dementia Nutrition Coaching
Hi Care Partner! If you are visiting this page, hopefully it’s because you found some valuable information in my blog posts and you want to personalize nutrition and mealtime solutions for the person you love.
Let me ask you – are any of these situations a reality at present?
- Your loved one isn’t eating well and you’ve been given less than helpful advice (or none at all).
- Once-favorite food and drinks are no longer accepted
- Appetite seems to be poor and your loved one is eating less than usual
- Mealtime is stressful for you, your family and your loved one
- Your loved one has lost weight or you are worried they will soon lose
- You want to stay prepared to nourish your loved one in the dementia journey ahead
If any of those describe your situation, nutrition help is here! There are dozens of strategies beyond the standard advice to “give them Boost or Ensure” or “let them eat whatever they want”. There can be many nutrition and hydration challenges in dementia – challenges that change as dementia progresses.
Because nutrition in dementia is not a one-size-fits-all approach, it can be tough to figure it all out. The good news is, you don’t have to do it alone!
That’s where I come in. I’m Molly, and I’ve spent over a decade as a dietitian specializing in nutrition in dementia. I have seen the common challenges and created solutions to help stop weight loss and improve overall nutrition status. Dementia nutrition coaching will give you a personalized nutrition strategy for your loved one – a layer of support that is often missing in the healthcare plan for those with dementia.
I support you to help nourish through any challenges with nutrition and hydration. In coaching, we will work together to adapt to changes, identify new preferences and nourish your loved one. Each person is unique and nutrition strategies can take some trial and error to find the best fit. We will walk through these together and I will be your guide to put it all in place.
Food-related issues in early dementia can vary from the struggles that may happen in later stages. Coaching is an opportunity to improve the current nutrition status well as prepare you for struggles that may happen as time goes on.
In my Dementia Nutrition Coaching program, we will focus on 3 areas:
- Nutrition Review– I will assess current food and beverage intake vs. estimated calorie and nutrient needs.
- Mealtime Approach – daily routines, preferences, meal setting, distractions, honoring self-feeding abilities, using cues/prompts and creating a dignified dining experience.
- Nutrition Know-How– nutrition knowledge, adding variety, ingredient strategy, realistic expectations, meal planning, recipes, healthy alternatives to sweets and supporting quality of life.
As we work together, my main goal is to support and guide you through your nutrition-related concerns.
You can expect:
- Personalized nutrition and hydration strategies
- Prevent, slow, or stop weight loss
- Ease of stress at mealtime
- Simplified meal planning, shopping, and preparation
- Confidence in feeding your loved one now and in the future
I currently offer 1 on 1, private coaching for families and caregivers. My nutrition course, Dementia Nutrition Caregiver Academy, is being created and will be offered in the near future!
In my private coaching, I work with the family/care partners for a 3 month minimum. This allows me to get to know you, properly address concerns and put the best plan into place for you and your loved one.
Option 1: Weekly Coaching – 4 calls per month for a monthly investment of $397
Option 2: Bi-weekly Coaching – 2 calls per month for a monthly investment of $227
Both options include…
· 30-45 minute calls held via Zoom, so that we can chat face-to-face
· Unlimited online support and communication throughout the 3 months in-between live sessions
· Emailed summary of the calls with action steps for you to take
· Resources and recipes emailed weekly to build your dementia nutrition toolbox
Want to set up your first session? Fill out the form below to apply for coaching and I will be in touch to set up a quick call to answer any questions you may have.
If you have trouble applying, please email email@example.com or try applying through this link